“What should we do tonight?”
This sentence gets a lot of mileage in your average American household every weekend. And as we have the discussion with friends, family members, clients and people in passing – we realized that there are a lot of Modesto residents still searching for things to do.
Certainly among the Gallo Center for the Arts, a handful of movie theaters, great restaurants, multiple farmers markets, and an amazing wealth of outdoor activities, there are plenty of things to do “tonight” – right here, in our own backyard… in Modesto!
So we set out with a goal of pulling together one heck of a community calendar.
We love Modesto, we spend our weekends here, we find entertainment here, we eat amazing food here, and we think you should too! In the pages of this site, we hope to help you not only find great things to do tonight, but to learn about the amazing culture, cuisine and crazy good times to be had here.
We want you to come to Mydesto.com to:
- Find volunteer and fundraising events that support our city’s amazing nonprofit organizations.
- Discover local restaurants, dining adventures, and food products grown and made in Modesto.
- Fill your calendar with entertainment galore – from the theater, to concerts, to comedy, to film, to festivals, you name it!
- Stretch your legs and fill your lungs with fresh (well…sort of fresh) Modesto air at any number of great outdoor events.
- Take a moment to promote your own event – whether you work for a nonprofit or entertainment organization, are the leader of your local Girl Scouts troupe, or are the starring role in your church’s holiday production – post your event on Mydesto.com.
With access to such an amazing list of things to do – don’t be shocked if your social calendar fills up very quickly. You might even have to schedule in some “me” time.